Bereaved through Alcohol and Drugs (BEAD) launch the new Bereaved through Alcohol and Drugs (BEAD) website.
Bereavement through a loved one’s drug or alcohol use is a devastating, challenging and often isolating experience.
BEAD’s peer support volunteers have had an immense impact improving the emotional wellbeing of a number of individuals bereaved in this way, and this website allows them to broaden the reach of this support, providing a wealth of information and resources to those unsure where to turn or what to do in such a difficult situation.
The website’s features include:
- Outlining where and how to access appropriate support
- Helping people through the grieving process by looking at the emotions one might be experiencing and how to overcome them
- Providing practical help with the things one will have to deal with a result of their loss
- Displaying stories and personal experiences
- Linking to useful resources and relevant organisations
They are confident that this will prove to be a vital tool for individuals bereaved through alcohol or drugs and in need of information and guidance on how to overcome their difficult situation.
The site was designed and developed in close partnership with one of their peer support volunteers who understood the needs of people accessing this service.
They are very happy to hear from you if you had any feedback and suggestions on how they can improve the site.