The Board of Trustees is responsible for overseeing the work of Carers Network. Trustees do not get involved in day-to-day activities but employ 19 staff, managed by the Chief Executive, Sarah Mitchell.
Key responsibilities of Trustees include agreeing a budget, making sure the organisation abide by the law and setting the general policies and overall plans for the organisation.
Trustees are volunteers so do not get paid, but we will pay reasonable expenses such travel and we provide support and training to help you carry out this role.
The Board of Trustees meet every two months on a Wednesday evening, from 6-8pm and at our Annual General Meeting.
What does being a Trustee involve?
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance and financial stewardship of the organisation. The board appoints and manages the Chief Executive and supports her and the staff team of 19. Experience of caring is not essential, an understanding of and interest in caring is.
What is the time commitment?
- The core commitment is participation in the bi-monthly board meetings.
- Other commitments include regular email and phone contact with other trustees and staff, attendance at other meetings, e.g. our AGM, and representing the organisation to carers and stakeholders.
What will I get from the experience?
- You’ll use your existing skills to help a small charity and your community.
- You’ll also develop other skills as a member of a board – trustees are directors in company law. It also looks great on a CV!
- You’ll receive a comprehensive induction and ongoing support in your role.
Can I be a Trustee?
- Do you want to help us to be an efficient and professional organisation?
- Do you have previous experience of working on a committee?
- Are you able to make sense of reports and basic financial information?
- Are you confident enough to speak up for yourself?
- Are you generous enough to listen to the opinion of others?
- Would you be confident in representing Carers Network at meetings and events?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, we would like to hear from you.
If you would to discuss this role contact our Chief Executive – Sarah Mitchell on 020 8960 3033 or email email@example.com