We see volunteers as valued members of the Carers Network team and aim to offer support, training and supervision.
Carers Network is seeking an IT savvy volunteer to assist the Administrator with day-to-day administrative duties, such as working with spreadsheets and entering information on our database.
- Data entry (Excel and online database)
- Contacting carers by phone
- Taking calls and monitoring our generic email address
- Office filing
- Help with mail-outs
- Supporting staff at carer events
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with attention to detail
- Interest in Carers Network’s work supporting unpaid carers
What will you get out of this role?
In this role you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in general administration as well as gain experience of working in a busy, friendly and professional organisation. We will provide training and support, references, and travel and lunch expenses if you are able to commit to more than half a day volunteering per week. If you have specific skills you would like to develop, you will have the chance to discuss this with the staff member supervising you.
You will be required one day per week for a minimum of three months.
How to apply
To apply for this volunteering opportunity, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call us on 020 8960 3033.
Carers Network is an equal opportunity employer and service provider that recognises and celebrates diversity. We particularly welcome applications from unpaid carers and from residents of Hammersmith and Fulham, Westminster, the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and the City of London. This role can include contact with vulnerable adults and we may therefore apply for a DBS check.