Carers Break Scheme and Carers Small Grants
Carers Network runs the Carers Break Scheme funded by Westminster City Council and the Carers Small Grant funded by Hammersmith & Fulham Council.
These awards are made towards the cost of a holiday, service or product that will allow you to take a break from caring.
- You must provide unpaid care for at least 30 hours per week.
- You must have had a carer’s assessment completed by Carers Network within the last two years.
- The person you care for must be living either in Westminster or Hammersmith & Fulham.
- You have not attended a group holiday organised by Carers Network within the last 12 months.
- You have not been awarded a grant from the Carers Break Scheme (CBS) or Carers Small Grant (CSG) in the last two years.
To access the Carers Small Grant in Hammersmith & Fulham the carer must be caring for someone over 18, in Westminster carer who care for someone under that age may apply.
Grant applications opened on the 1 April 2015. We only have a limited budget for each type of grant and when this money is spent no further funds will be available for this financial year.
For further information on eligibility and submissions for both Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham grants please see these guidelines: New CSG CBS guidelines April 2015
- If you have not had an assessment within the last two years please call us to make an appointment.
- If you have never had a carers assessment and would like to apply for the Carers Break Scheme grant or Carers Small Grant please call us on 020 8960 3033.
Carers Personal Budget
A Carers Personal Budget is a council-run scheme in both Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham that will provides carers with a once-per-year direct payment to support them to have a break from their caring role .
Carers Network can help you to make an application for the carers Personal Budget.