Nominate Someone Special
Recognise the work of someone who changes lives through volunteering and nominate them for a Community Award.
It’s a chance to thank your local champion for the time they spend helping others or improving their local area.
The shortlisted people and organisations will be invited to an awards ceremony in central London.
How to nominate
- Nominate online here
- Pick up a nomination form from your local library
- Write to: Community Awards, 18th floor, Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
“The awards have made me feel really valued” Jane Buchanan, volunteer at St. John’s Hospice and Community Award winner 2016
- Inspirational Award
For a volunteer who has inspired others, including their peers or the people they volunteer for, overcome obstacles or gone beyond the call of duty.
- Neighbourhood Project Award
Projects that have delivered improvements within the local area by individuals or organisations.
- The City for All Volunteer of the Year Award
For a volunteer who has taken responsibility for improving their local area.
- Outstanding Organisation Award
Outstanding organisations or businesses who have contributed most to their local communities.
- Young or Student Volunteer Award
For volunteers aged up to 24 who have contributed to their community.
- The Sir Simon Milton Award
To recognise those working with older people and disadvantaged younger people.
- Corporate Contribution to the Community Award
For any Westminster-based corporate organisation that gives back to the community through their corporate social responsibility programme.
Take a look at the awards criteria here.