The NHS Hammersmith & Fulham Clinical Commissioning Group want the views and experiences of patients/service users and carers at the heart of their plans.
They therefore are looking for a carer representative who has experience of supporting someone with mental health problems to be a member of their local implementation group for this area.
Below are a list of the activities that would be expected of a representative:
- Attend the monthly H&F Implementation Group meetings to develop primary care mental health services
- Contribute to the H&F Implementation Group relevant meetings in a constructive manner, offering ideas and opinions which reflect the voice of carers and their families.
- Seek views and feedback from groups / carers within H&F to support the primary care mental health service developments.
- Consider the wider impact of primary care mental health developments on carers and their families in H&F
- Liaise with the wider West London delivery group as required.
What can they offer you?
- Skills and experience of working with professionals to improve health care
- Opportunity to share local knowledge and expertise to improve health care
- Opportunity to meet other volunteers working to improve health care to share experiences
- Information, training and support related to evaluating bids
- Re-imbursement of travel expenses
What are they looking for?
- A carer with experience of supporting someone with mental health problems
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to look at issues from the patient, service user and carer perspective
- Ability to understand written information
- Ability to work constructively with the CCG to improve health care for local residents
These meetings will be held on a monthly basis.
For further information and if you’d like to attend as the Carer representative please contact Katherine Murray (lead Mental Health Commissioner – Katherine.Murray@nw.london.nhs.uk)