Carer Training Programme.
Open to carers from both boroughs.
Thursday 5 Feb 2015 from 2pm – 4.30pm.
A seven week programme for Carers of people with functional mental health problems such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder & depression, covering:
- Overview of mental health problems, early warning signs and recovery
- Medication and other treatments available
- Enhancing communication with loved ones
- Carer’s rights and the mental health system maze
- Problems in caring and how to tackle them
- Issues with drugs and alcohol and an overview of motivational interviewing
- Promoting your own recovery and well-being
The training has been co-developed and is co-facilitated by carers and staff and will be held at Grove Neighbourhood Centre, 7 Bradmore Park Road, Hammersmith W6 0DT
If you would like more information or to book a place on this training, please contact The Recovery College on 020 8483 1456