The last 12 months at Carers Network in Westminster:
- In 2015 Carers Network identified 369 new Westminster carers and carried out 403 Carer Assessments.
- 52% of the new carers we are supporting are from BME (black and minority ethnic) backgrounds.
- 64% of the carers we support care for 50+ hours each a week.
- In 2015 we issued 121 Carers Emergency Cards.
- The End of Life Carers Project supported 100 additional carers across the boroughs of Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham.
Last year Carers Time Bank also joined Carers Network; they have more than 80 members doing an exciting range of activities.
Across both Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham Carers Network has also just launched a new E-Bulletin which focuses on events, activities, issues and opportunities that will be of interest to carers.
Subscribe to the bulletin here.
In 2015 we raised funds for additional activities including a seaside trip; a weekend trip to Edinburgh for young adult carers; a number of spa days; theatre trips; reflexology treatments and a Christmas dinner for 150 carers.
Carers Network has also gained a number industry quality marks including PQASSO and the Carers Trust Quality Mark as a Centre of Excellence.
We also run the Tri-borough Providers Forum. This forum serves as a way of connecting together all organisations running carers services.
In 2015 we welcomed a dedicated full-time fundraiser to the team so that we can insure there is a pipeline of carer-specific funding in place for 2016-18.
We hope that 2016 will be another year and that we can continue to reach out and provide help and hope to even more carers across Westminster. If you would like to support us achieve our mission with a donation or are interested in doing any fundraising activity on our behalf please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org