Carers may find that caring increases their expenses and decreases their income.
As a result, one in five carers struggles to pay their rent or mortgage.
Over a third cannot afford their utility bills and many don’t have enough money if there is an emergency.
Turn2us has helped Carers Trust write new information on Carers.org for carers about financial and other support available in emergencies.
Turn2us suggests that carers should:
- See if they can get extra emergency benefit payments.
- Consider local welfare assistance.
- Get help with food and groceries.
- Check they are claiming all the benefits they can.
- Get advice and support from their local carer service.
Find out more about emergency financial support on Carers.org.