Administrative and Data Management Officer
- Salary: £26,000 per annum
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Contract: Permanent
- Closing Date: 9th September 2019
- Interview Date: 19th September
- Provide high quality customer service and respond professionally and accommodatingly to referrals and enquiries.
- Assess referrals for basic eligibility criteria and record onto the case management system.
- Ensure referral responses are within the contractually or organisationally agreed timescales.
- Project planning and implementation support of service and senior managers.
- Desk-based research for potential service development initiatives.
- Provide induction training for new staff as per the induction policy.
- Act as standby for booking carers into Carers Assessment appointments.
- Support the administration function of our case management system Charitylog.
- Auditing case data to ensure it is accurate and up to date and working with service managers to take corrective actions if necessary.
- Accurately record information into Charitylog, keeping to the specified timeframe.
- Prepare statistical/data reports from Charitylog for colleagues for monitoring services and projects to meet regular reporting requirements (quarterly/six-monthly/annually).
- Ensure all records and databases are updated and maintained to the highest standard.
- To work closely with the Head of Services and Head of Operations to ensure that our case management system fulfils all data collection requirements and contribute to making necessary changes.
- Processing invoices and posting them on the banking system
- Petty cash administration and reconciliation
- Banking – paying cheques into bank, banking cheques for petty cash
- Monitoring and revising the Fixed Asset register
- Payroll administration and liaising with our service provider
- Pensions administration and liaising with our service provider
- Support colleagues with basic IT tasks
- Carry out Charitylog (CRM) training for new staff
- Charitylog administration and liaising with provider including setting up new users and working with Charitylog to set up new and revised fields for recording information
- Liaise with the IT support/service provider in the absence of the Head of Operations/Deputy CEO
- Provide administrative support to team members
- Assist with the coordination of in-house and external events
- Liaise with suppliers, manage queries and field supplier calls as necessary
- Order stationery equipment and supplies and manage the budget
- Carry out room bookings, catering ordering and logistics for Board and committee meetings, staff meetings and external events.
- Support organisational and administrative volunteers
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Head of Operations and the CEO that are commensurate with the level of the post.
- Participate in team meetings and training sessions.
- Engage in supervision and appraisal processes.
- As Carers Network is a small team you will be required to support colleagues and work flexibly.
- Work in accordance with Carers Network policies and procedures and GDPR requirements.
How to Apply – Write a Cover Letter
Read the Person Specification which can be downloaded here and write a cover letter describing your experience for each point in the table. The cover letter will be used to select candidates for interview so if you do not provide a cover letter your application will not be shortlisted.
Send the letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in supporting informal and unpaid carers in central London?
Carers Network is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Treasurer eager to join a dedicated and active group of Trustees on our Board. As our Treasurer you will work with the Board, Chief Executive and Finance Manager in overseeing and guiding the financial activity and performance of the organisation.
The Board meets six times a year and the Finance and Risk Committee meets four times a year.
Download the role description here
If you would like an informal conversation with the CEO about this role, please contact Sally Miller on 020 8960 3033.
To apply for this role please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the role and outlining your experience and suitability for the role to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 22 July 2019. Interviews will take place late July/early August.
About Carers Network:
Carers Network is an independent charity. Our vision is that every unpaid carer is recognised and leads a healthy, fulfilling life with control over their caring role. For more than 25 years we have been working with carers to provide information, advice and support, along with social events, breaks and other services to ensure that carers are well informed, supported and healthy.
- To answer the telephone, deal with incoming enquiries and direct calls accordingly
- To book appointments for people who use our services, both verbally and in writing
- To become proficient in the use of our recording systems and databases
- To answer email enquiries directed to our general enquiries email address or redirect enquiries appropriately
- To enter referrals and other data onto our internal recording systems and ensure that records are accurate and kept up-to-date
- Experience in a similar role if any
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen to and talk to vulnerable service users from all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and understanding
- Skill in using online databases – give examples of systems you have used e.g. Charity Log
- Commitment to valuing difference and diversity
- Commitment to respecting confidentiality and handling personal data safely
How to apply
To apply for this volunteering opportunity, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call us on 020 8960 3033.
Carers Network is an equal opportunity employer and service provider that recognises and celebrates diversity.