Action on Disability have a NEW Online IT / Learning Service called ‘Learn My Way’, which is part of their Larger AoDConnect (Peer Support Project).
Who is Eligible?
- Anyone with a disability, long term health condition and carers.
- Aged 18 and over
- Living in the Tri Borough or West London
What is Learn My Way?
Learn My Way is an Interactive Website that is designed to help someone Learn New Skills and Develop themselves using Guided Courses and Quick Lessons.
You don’t even need to be confident in going online, as one of their IT Tutors will support you through the process and help you become more confident.
You would have 3 choices:
- Option 1 = You could come along and access their Weekly IT sessions (Am and PM) on a Thursday or Friday (10.00am until 12.00 noon) or (2.00 pm until 4.00 pm) at their Office in Greswell Street SW6 6PX. This way you could get support from one of their in-house AoD IT Tutors
- Doing this online experience at their office will give you the chance to meet new people, feel less isolated and feel comfortable in a safe and friendly place.
- Option 2 = You could book a space in our training room to use a PC for a couple of hours (Monday to Wednesday), (Thursday and Friday – depending on available space). All you would need to do is contact them directly to book a spot.
- Option 3 = You could even do this in your own home: if you’re housebound, not feeling well enough to venture out, or simply would rather access this service in the comfort of your own home. All you need is access to the internet and you have your own PC, Laptop or Tablet.
What Can You Learn
Please have a read of this information sheet that tells you everything you’ll need to know about their NEW Online opportunities.
It’s completely FREE, you can get Certificates to show for your work and you don’t have to do it alone.
So what to do next?
All you have to do is simply contact Andrew Farrow directly to tell him you’re interested:
Andrew.Farrow@actionondisability.org.uk | 020 7471 8514
- Register you as one of their Centre Learners
- Create an account for using your full name and postcode only.
- Create a username and password for you
- Send you all the details needed to access the website once registered.
- Save details on their system, just in case you forget them.
- Give you ongoing support if you get stuck using the website.
Why not check out the website at www.learnmyway.com and get an idea of what’s on there.