This is an exciting opportunity for carers in South Westminster to take part in a free interactive six-week Health & Wellbeing course.
This will equip you with a range of tools to help improve your physical and mental fitness, so you can take better care of yourself while dealing with the stressful demands of being a carer.
The workshops, facilitated by N.ableD and Return to Wellness, will cover:
- Treating and preventing ill health
- How to get the best out of your daily routine while caring for someone
- Nutrients required from food and drink to help boost your energy levels
- Simple ways to avoid energy crashes to prevent tiredness and fatigue
- Strategies you can adopt immediately to help take back control of your own health and mental wellbeing, while still caring for someone.
Each information session ends with a short session of simple, fun and effective exercises that can be done to music.
The weekly course will start on Tuesday 13 November and run for 6 consecutive Tuesdays from 11.00am-12.30pm at Churchill Hall, Churchill Gardens, London SW1V 3AL (map here) on following days:
- Session 1 – Tuesday 13 November
- Session 2 – Tuesday 20 November
- Session 3 – Tuesday 27 November
- Session 4 – Tuesday 4 December
- Session 5 – Tuesday 11 December
- Session 6 – Tuesday 18 December
You must be able to commit to attend all of the 6 sessions.
If you would require respite care or cover from Adult Social Care to attend the course, Carers Network can support you in applying for this.
To register for this course please email email@example.com or call 020 8960 3033