There is an exciting opportunity for carers in South Westminster to take part in a free interactive six-week Health & Wellbeing course.
This will equip you with a range of tools to help improve your physical and mental fitness, so you can take better care of yourself while dealing with the stressful demands of being a carer.
The weekly course will start this Thursday 17 January 2019 and run for 6 consecutive Thursdays from 2pm-3.30pm at Churchill Hall, Churchill Gardens, London SW1V 3AL (map here)
To register for this course please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 8960 30333
The workshops, facilitated by N.ableD and Return to Wellness, will cover:
- Treating and preventing ill health
- How to get the best out of your daily routine while caring for someone
- Nutrients required from food and drink to help boost your energy levels
- Simple ways to avoid energy crashes to prevent tiredness and fatigue
- Strategies you can adopt immediately to help take back control of your own health and mental wellbeing, while still caring for someone.
Each information session ends with a short session of simple, fun and effective exercises that can be done to music.
- Session 1 – Thursday 17 January
- Session 2 – Thursday 24 January
- Session 3 – Thursday 31 January
- Session 4 – Thursday 7 February
- Session 5 – Thursday 14 February
- Session 6 – Thursday 21 February
You must be able to commit to attend all of the 6 sessions.
If you would require respite care or cover from Adult Social Care to attend the course, Carers Network can support you in applying for this.