Experience a sense of well-being by joining a class to express yourself through movement by Britain’s National Contemporary Dance Company.
The workshops are designed to re-energise people in the early stages of Dementia and their companions. Each workshop comprises warm-ups, partner and group exercises, free dance and a chance to explore a sequence from the company repertoire to stimulate movement memory. There are chances to interact with other participants as well as opportunities to observe the company dancers in open rehearsals and to explore the history of the company through our large archive.
Monday 5 October
Monday 12 October
Monday 19 October
Monday 26 October
Monday 2 November
Monday 9 November
Monday 16 November
Monday 23 November
Arrival from 10.15am
10.45-11.45am – Movement class
Tea/Coffee Biscuits afterwards.
Please wear loose comfortable clothing. Shoes will be worn and where possible these can be soft soled shoes.
Rambert Studios, 99 Upper Ground, London SE1 9PP
- Five minute walk from Waterloo mainline serving National Rail and underground station- Northern, Jubilee and Bakerloo Lines
- Located on the South Bank beside Waterloo Bridge, right behind the National Theatre and BFI
- Next to Doon Street and National Theatre fully accessible car parks
- Rambert is a fully accessible building
- Local buses: RV1, 341, 4, 507, 211, 243, 521, 26,76,59,68,168,171, 172, 176, 1, 139, 188, 521
There is a brochure for the workshop available to download here.
If anyone requires further information then please don’t hesitate to contact Katie Mason
Elders Programme Coordinator 0208 630 0619 email@example.com