About Carers Network:
Carers Network is an independent charity. Our vision is that every unpaid carer is recognised and leads a healthy, fulfilling life with control over their caring role. For more than 25 years we have been working with carers to provide information, advice and support, along with social events, breaks and other services to ensure that carers are well informed, supported and healthy.
- To answer the telephone, deal with incoming enquiries and direct calls accordingly
- To book appointments for people who use our services, both verbally and in writing
- To become proficient in the use of our recording systems and databases
- To answer email enquiries directed to our general enquiries email address or redirect enquiries appropriately
- To enter referrals and other data onto our internal recording systems and ensure that records are accurate and kept up-to-date
- Experience in a similar role if any
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen to and talk to vulnerable service users from all backgrounds
- Ability to demonstrate kindness, compassion and understanding
- Skill in using online databases – give examples of systems you have used e.g. Charity Log
- Commitment to valuing difference and diversity
- Commitment to respecting confidentiality and handling personal data safely
How to apply
To apply for this volunteering opportunity, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call us on 020 8960 3033.
Carers Network is an equal opportunity employer and service provider that recognises and celebrates diversity.