Working for Carers is a London-wide project that supports unpaid carers, aged 25 or over, to move closer to employment.
The project aims to support carers to pursue their employment goals through confidence building and skills development.
You can download their latest progress report here
Achievements of the project to date:
At the end of October 2018, 576 carers had registered with the Working for Carers project. The registered carers are from all 33 London boroughs:
- 88 carers have gained employment and 41 have started an education or training course.
- Nearly 60% have been supported to apply for jobs, and 39 are now job-searching independently.
- 56% have attended Working for Carers workshops or external training while supported by the project.
- 81 participants have had volunteering opportunities.
- 86 have been referred to other specialist support, and 265 have proactively looked after their health and wellbeing.
- 286 have shown improvements against their tailored action plans.
- 237 have reported increased confidence, and 238 said they had gained new skills and experiences.